Our Privacy Commitment
Gurkhas Fashion is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information (defined below). We manage your Personal Information in an open and transparent way.
Information we may collect from you
Gurkhas Fashion collects Personal Information about you (and possibly about your family members) directly from you (or from your authorised representative), when you:
- complete an online form on one of our websites or with a third party through a link from the Gurkhas Fashion’s website;
- visit and browse our websites;
- complete a hard copy form;
- apply for reward system
- create an online account through our websites;
- purchase goods or services from us in certain circumstances such as through our website, or if you deal with us by reference to your reward membership, or if you pay other than by cash;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- apply for employment with us; or
- contact us by telephone, mail, email or online.
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information. With regard to your visits to our websites, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, and statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, the paths taken by you through the site, data on your screen settings and other general information. The nature of the information collected will depend on the purpose for which it is being collected. If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection, or would reasonably expect us to collect your Personal Information in this way. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this data with other information collected through the website.
Gurkhas Fashion only collects Personal Information for purposes that are directly related to our business activities, and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. We also collect Personal Information related to employment services, human resource management, and other corporate service functions.
How does Gurkhas Fashion use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information for a variety of reasons including to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide services and products to you;
- answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you;
- to tell you about, or promote, other products that we think may be of interest to you;
- maintain and improve customer services;
- administer our reward program;
- facilitate your interaction with us on our website;
- consider any application for employment made by you;
- meet our legal obligations;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- carry out internal functions including training; and
- conduct marketing research and analysis.
You may visit our websites without providing Personal Information, but you should be aware that we may not be able to provide you with some of the services and/or products you are seeking if we do not have certain Personal Information.
Under What Circumstances Does Gurkhas Fashion Disclose your Personal Information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your Personal Information when one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- we sell, buy, reorganize, merge, or dissolve businesses or assets;
- we engage another company or organization to perform certain business-related functions, including web hosting, maintaining databases, promotional, research or marketing activities and processing payments, provided that such companies and organizations will only receive the Personal Information (if any) necessary to allow them to perform their specific functions and we will take reasonable steps to ensure such companies and organizations appropriately protect and respect the privacy of your Personal Information;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that your information is passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies; or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law or we believe it is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or (iv) protect or defend against legal liability.
Who do we disclose your Personal Information to?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- another member of the Gurkhas Business Group;
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- third party agents or contractors with whom we contract in the ordinary course of business (e.g. web hosting and database service providers or other service providers);
- freight and logistics providers;
- advertisers and advertising networks;
- selected organisations authorised by Gurkhas Fashion to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- subject to your opt-out right, to third parties for their own marketing purposes;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
We will only use or disclose your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information for that purpose (e.g. by agreeing to receive marketing emails) or if you have provided consent for your information to be used in this way. From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you, it may be by mail, email or SMS. We may also provide targeted marketing to you whether directly or through online advertisement networks such as those operated by Google, based on your viewing activity of our website. For more information, see “Cookies/Tracking Technology” below.
When we use or disclose your Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing, you can request not to receive direct marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email (also known as ‘opting-out’) and we will comply with your request to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising derived from your viewing habits by selecting from your browser’s privacy or security settings to reject, delete or block (as the case may be) the cookies or web beacons used by us in order to conduct such targeted marketing.
Gurkhas Fashion will only ever send marketing materials with your consent, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by contacting us directly or by updating your preferences in the preference centre through the “My Account” section on our websites.
Data Quality and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of any hard copy documents. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those properly authorized to have access. We keep your Personal Information for as long as it is required to provide you with the products you requested from us and to comply with legal requirements. If we no longer require your Personal Information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify your Personal Information.
Our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your Personal Information via the Internet. We use Stripe to process online orders. Customers can see their cards being debited in real time, all in an SSL secure environment.
Please do not enter any credit card details when contacting us via email, through our Live Chat function or through our website “Contact Us” form. These functions do not form part of online transactions and therefore your credit card details will not be encrypted in these situations.
Children’s Personal Information
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for record-keeping purposes. The information collected may be used by Gurkhas Fashion to improve your experience on our website. For example, if you wish to make a purchase using our online store, our cookies will collect information about what is in your shopping cart and assist us to maintain that shopping cart during the transaction.
We may also use web beacons, embedded in our website’s web pages, that work in conjunction with cookies to notify us what web pages on our website are visited by a particular IP address (including by reference to the domain name), computer or device, the date and time of the visit to our site, the duration of individual page views, information downloaded, hyperlinks selected and paths taken by the visitor through the site, the visitor’s screen settings, and other general information. That information will be collected either by us directly or by a service provider contracted for that purpose. By measuring how you interact with our website in this way, we may provide targeted marketing to you, based on your viewing activity of our website, whether directly or through online advertisement networks such as those operated by Google.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How You Can Request Access to, or Correction or Deletion of your Personal Information
You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. You will not be charged for accessing your information, although to the extent permitted by law we may charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you believe that your Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up to date or you wish to request the deletion of any Personal Information that we hold, please contact Customer Service in Australia on (03) 6146 3804 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also able to update your Personal Information online through My Account login details when visiting our websites.
How to contact us with privacy questions or concerns